With over 7 million procedures performed every year, Botulinum toxin type A injections are the most common anti-aging treatment in the United States.
Botox injections are derived from botulinum toxin, a purified neurotoxin that temporarily relaxes muscle movement, smoothing out wrinkles in the process.
Many areas can cosmetically be improved using Botox injections:
- Frown or glabellar "11" lines, crow's feet, horizontal forehead lines
- Vertical Fine Lines above and below the lip
- Bands on the neck sometimes referred to as "turkey neck"
- Eyebrow lifting
- Dimpling of the chin because of overactive muscles.
- Drooping corners of the mouth.
- Fine lines around the lips.
- Softening of the jawline
Although Botox is a household name, other brands like Dysport and Xeomin offer comparable results.
- Results of Botox start to become visible a few days to one week after injection.
- The results of Botox are temporary and will begin to fade at the 3.5 to 4 month mark. Further injections are required to maintain results.
- Botox injections are priced at a per unit cost.In our office xeomin is priced at $15 per unit and Dysport is $5 per unit. All of the staff that perform Botox injections have had extensive training and many years of experience.
- Most treatments will require 20-35 units, however this number can vary drastically depending on your exact needs. We are happy to see you in consultation to review how Botox injections can help you look and feel your best!